There are many types of superfoods, but did you know that the banana also sits in the superfood category. In this post – Banana a Superfood and its health benefit, we’ll look at why it is considered a superfood and what health benefits you get by eating a banana. Banana is a health-boosting powerhouse rich in good stuff like vitamins, minerals, and overall nutrients. Banana contains high levels of fiber and potassium, also significant amounts of vitamins C and B6.
Eating bananas can be nutritious and delicious at the same time, it helps lower blood pressure and protects against hypertension along with other health benefits. Why not add a banana or two, to your daily routine, by adding it to your breakfast, a banana can be easily incorporated into all three meals of the day.
- Consuming Bananas helps in overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin – the happy-mood neurotransmitter in the brain.
- Before a vigorous workout why not eat two bananas, this will help you to pack some extra energy to sustain your blood sugar levels during the exercise.
- Do you suffer muscle cramps normally or during workouts? Eat a banana or two, to help reduce muscle cramps during workouts and during night times.
- Research on benefits of eating bananas has shown that it can reduce inflammation, help to protect against type II diabetes, a good source to aid weight loss, eating banana’s help in strengthening the nervous system, and increase the production of white blood cells.
- Eating bananas regularly can relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas. Bananas are also High in potassium and able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke. Bananas are rich in pectin, which aids digestion and gently removes toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- If you suffer acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD then start eating bananas it can act as a natural antacid.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease. Banana’s also contain tryptophan which is a natural mood-enhancer which helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
There are many more health benefits of eating banana’s, I have just listed seven superfood qualities of bananas. Try add to your diet, start with one or two during breakfast, one at lunch and finish the day with one at tea time.
Bananas are rich in fiber and natural sugars namely, glucose, sucrose, and fructose. Also, eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar. Eating banana’s help to deal with depression, make you smarter and gives you energy, can go to cure hangovers, bananas can also relieve morning sickness, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis, for men it can also help with erectile dysfunction and many more health benefits.