Neck pain can have many causes like whiplash injury to the neck, neck tension or cervical spondylosis these are very common conditions. In this post, we’ll look at how to deal with neck pain fast. You can experience neck pain due to a poor sitting posture, bad sleeping position, very low pillow, stress, neck injury from exercise, physical sports, accident or from a fall and whiplash resulting from a car accident. In some people, it occurs due to diseases like arthritis, osteoporosis, and fibromyalgia.
Natural Remedies to deal with neck pain
In most cases neck pain is not a life-threatening condition, however, it can certainly make you feel uncomfortable by restricting the movement of your neck causing you tension and stress.
There are many health remedies that you can use to deal with this uncomfortable condition due to neck pain. I have listed below one common treatment that you may wish to try. Just a note of caution here if you have severe neck pain or weakness in your arms/hands, contact your medical doctor as soon as possible rather than trying any natural neck pain remedies.
Natural Neck Pain Treatment 1 – Heat Compress
Using heat compress it will reduce tension in the neck muscles making the stiff muscles flexible, thus decreasing the neck pain. This heat treatment relieves neck pain by increasing the blood circulation to that particular area.
What is Required for Heat Compress?
- At the basic level a Hot Water bottle or a Heated Gel Pack
How to apply Hot Compress to the neck:
- Place the hot water bottle or the heated gel pack on the pain area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes or till you feel it is too hot to retain on that area and remove it from the neck.
- Follow this method every 3 to 4 hours to get rid of neck pain.
- Use the above procedure till you feel that the pain is completely gone or you may continue to use to deal with the pain if it continues.
Note: Do not use heat pack excessively as more heat can worsen the condition.
Alternatively, if you feel like spending a little more money or you’re day job involves sitting in front of a PC or laptop for extended time periods you may consider investing in a U-Neck Portable Electronic Neck Massager, available in Amazon stores.
I use this device as I tend to work long hours at a desk on my computer or spend time driving for extended periods on business. I find the heat function most useful as I don’t need to get a hot water bottle and hold it on my neck. The device wraps around my neck, using the wireless control I can switch it on and apply heat or massage treatment.
The neck massager has a timer to allow you to choose your session time. You can choose a minimum of 5 minutes to a maximum of 30 minutes per session. It also comes with 6 massage levels so you can find the perfect one for you. The heat function that can reach temperatures of between 40 and 48 Degrees Celsius. Although this may sound high, it is a comfortable temperature and helps to revive strained muscles.
- Using Heat compress, you can deal with most neck pain problems.
- Neck pain sometimes caused by “wear and tear” to the bones and joints in your neck, this can get worse as you age.
- Tension around the shoulder and neck can be caused by activities like driving, extended periods arched over a desk while working – generally made worse by not taking regular breaks.
- There are other devices on the market that help deal with neck pain and its symptoms. For example, get a pillow that is designed for people who suffer neck pain.
- Always exercise and stay active, take regular breaks from your desk and do neck stretching exercises.